Meet our November Barre Star, Lourdes S!
1. Where are you from, and how long have you been in Gainesville?
I am a first generation American, daughter of immigrants, born and raised in Miami, FL. I moved to Gainesville in 1999 to attend UF and never left.
2. What’s your favorite Barre-themed shirt?
Any food-related shirts such as Will Barre for Brunch or Tuck for Tacos. I also really like the Barre Addicts Club shirt.
3. Tell us something fun about yourself / what you do when you’re not at AUXO?
I like visiting museums and watching sports.
4. Was your first Barre class what you expected? Why or why not?
Yes and no. I expected it to be tough but not fun. I also expected everyone to be very young and in shape. I’m happy I was wrong!
5. Why did you decide to continue with AUXO Fitness after your First Week Free by investing in an unlimited membership?
Barre became a fun place to go where I could focus on myself.
6. What makes this workout different from other exercises you have experienced?
Everyone is so encouraging!
7. What is your favorite Barre move so far? Why?
Sitting pretzel. It is difficult and requires a lot of concentration but I can feel my body working and strengthening.
8. What results have you noticed after doing Barre consistently?
The physical differences are immense! I find myself noticing my posture more and correcting as needed.
9. Have you experienced any benefits from AUXO Fitness that have affected you not just physically, but mentally too?
YES! Barre is my one hour to zen and de-stress.
10. What is your favorite “bonus” class that you have participated in and why?
Restorative Rolling is amazing. I feel so relaxed afterwards.
11. Is there anything you would like to share with potential new clients about your experience at AUXO Fitness? Any helpful tips for those who are considering trying AUXO, but are nervous?
AUXO Fitness is a family, and not in the dysfunctional way that you merely tolerate. The staff truly take an interest in your well being and make each class entertaining. The constant mantra of meeting YOUR best, not your neighbor’s, is not just a tagline, but truly what is practiced. Class is not a competition to see who can lift more, stretch further, or plank longer, it is about whatever works for you that day.