Meet our January Barre Star: Emma
Emma has taken over 135 classes at Barre Forte since starting with us in May 2016! She shows up, works hard, and always has a positive attitude. We love that she enjoys participating in several of our fitness formats, often taking classes back-to-back. Emma kicked butt in our 50 in 60 Challenge, and we are impressed with her commitment and dedication!
1) Where are you from, and how long have you been in Gainesville?
I’m a true Florida Gator! I’ve been in Gainesville all my life!
2) What’s your favorite Barre-themed shirt?
My favorite barre shirt is Tuck for Tacos!
3) Tell us something fun about yourself/what you do when you’re not at Barre?
When I’m not at the Barre, I love curling up with a good book, baking, and hanging out with friends!
4) Was your first Barre class what you expected? Why or why not?
My first Barre class was not what I had expected! I’ve done several different types of workouts but nothing was as challenging and rewarding as Barre! I also wasn’t expecting for Barre to become my second family! The Barre team is really interested in your personal goals, both inside and outside of the studio!
5) Why did you decide to continue with Barre Forte after your free week by investing in an unlimited membership?
I decided to do an unlimited membership because it was investment in both my physical and mental health! I really love taking back to back classes! Doing yoga or body flow after the traditional barre class is a great pairing! It’s a great way to stretch and wind down after working hard!
6) What makes this workout different from other exercises you have experienced?
Barre is different from other exercises because it can be accommodated to your own needs! There are several modifications you can do that still make you work out but can be tailored to your individual fitness level! Barre is also great because it is low impact while giving you a total body workout!
7) What is your favorite Barre move so far?
My favorite Barre move is standing leg arabesque work! I love it because you have to focus on so many things that it distracts my mind and it is so hard that I feel it right away! Plus, I feel like a ballerina!
8) What results have you noticed after doing Barre consistently?
The biggest result I’ve noticed from doing Barre consistently is my energy! I have so much energy to get through my day and I feel so much more positive in my daily life! I’ve really noticed how strong my arms and core have become! My constant back pain has almost disappeared and my posture has really improved!
9) Have you experienced any benefits from Barre that have affected you not just physically, but mentally, too?
Barre is my sacred place. Outside of the many physical benefits of barre, the mental benefits are numerous! I have so much more peace and inner strength that I ever thought possible! Not only have I become more positive but I’ve also increased my mental strength. Every time I think, “I can’t,” Barre has made me think, “I can, I will.”
11) Is there anything you would like to share with potential new clients about your experience at Barre Forte?
Barre Forte is special. There’s no other way to put it. The staff is incredibly friendly, they really strive to know you both in and outside of the studio! The staff greets you by name, knows what weights you like and are genuinely interested in your health and goals. Barre Forte is a family and that attitude is reflected in every workout you do and all the social events we do outside as well! If you’re nervous, just dive in! There’s no one who will give you more confidence and support then Barre Forte in whatever your fitness goals are!