1) Where are you from, and how long have you been in Gainesville?
- I’m originally from Maryland and have been in Gainesville for just over a year now.
2) What's your favorite Barre/AUXO-themed shirt?
-Barre more, bark less
3) Tell us something fun about yourself/what you do when you're not at AUXO?
- I love to sing and dance and hang out with my two mini Australian Shepherd dogs Stella and Izzy.
4) Was your first Barre class what you expected? Why or why not?
-My first class was not what I expected. I had taken a few ballet classes when I was really young but I did not anticipate the additional Pilates aspect to the typical ballet “barre” workout. Even though it was different than what I expected, I loved it! I also did not expect how nice everyone would be. Most workout places have a very competitive feel but workouts at Auxo inspire and encourage me to push my own limits at my own pace.
5) Why did you decide to continue with AUXO Fitness after your free week by investing in an unlimited membership?
-I decided to continue with Auxo because of the people. Everyone at the studio works hard to make you feel welcome and the positive energy is contagious.
6) What makes this workout different from other exercises you have experienced?
-This workout is much more of a full body workout that never ceases to make me smile and have a great time.
7) What is your favorite Barre/yoga move? Why?
-Standing work at the barre because it is a challenge that shows great results
8) What results have you noticed after doing Barre/BodyFlow/Yoga consistently?
-I’ve noticed that I feel stronger, am more aware of my posture, and have more confidence in myself.
9) Have you experienced any benefits from Barre that have affected you not just physically, but mentally, too?
-I would definitely say that the atmosphere at Auxo has pushed me to view myself as a stronger person both physically and mentally.
10) What keeps you motivated to continue coming to Barre?
-I see the results and I’m excited to see what else my body can do!
11) Which of AUXO's Core Values most resonates with you and why? Is there one that has most empowered you to grow this year?
- The core value of empowerment is very important to me. At the end of each class, the instructors talk about the importance of letting go what was not yours to hold, embracing the future and its possibilities, and being grateful for what your body allows you to accomplish. Everyone at the studio really wants you to grow and be successful, at whatever rate you may be growing. This is a very rare attitude to find at typical workout studios. I truly feel that the staff is invested in my growth and are always supporting me to push myself.
12) Is there anything you would like to share with potential new clients about your experience at AUXO Fitness? Any helpful tips for those who are considering trying Barre, but are nervous?
-Don’t be afraid to take a risk and try something new!
-You are stronger than you think.