Meet our July Barre Stars, Deborah G!
Deborah has taken over 116 classes at Barre Forte since starting with us in October 2016. She has enjoyed Barre, BodyFlow, Vinyasa Yoga, Restorative Rolling, and even attended our Barre Retreat in May. She is dedicated and amazing, and she’s has been selected as our July Barre Star! We love having her as a part of our Barre Forte Family, and we are excited to see her continue to thrive at the Barre!
1) Where are you from, and how long have you been in Gainesville?
I was born and bred in Coral Gables, FL. and have lived in Gainesville from 1967-1985 and now since 2002.
2) What's your favorite Barre-themed shirt?
My "100 Class Club" shirt!
3) Tell us something fun about yourself?
Family, faith and friends are what brings life to my days! I also have a private faith-based counseling practice: Cor Counseling.
4) Was your first class what you expected?
I expected barre to be hard, and it lived up to its billing. Barre-bata was not as scary-hard as I expected, however.
5) Why did you decide to continue with Barre Forte after your free week by investing in an unlimited membership?
I wanted to achieve the challenge of completing a class without breaks!! I also love the camaraderie with instructors and other barre babes.
6) What makes this workout different from other exercises you have experienced?
It targets strength, flexibility and aerobic conditioning all in one. I've long been a fan of group fitness but the warmth and friendliness of the Barre Forte studio makes it unique.
7) What is your favorite Barre move so far? Why?
Hmmm… Curtesy crunches. I cannot say why, I just like them!
8) What results have you noticed after doing Barre consistently?
I am definitely stronger!
9) What else do you love about Barre Forte?
It's my 'Cheers' … where everyone knows my name!
10) What keeps you motivated to continue coming to Barre so consistently?
I am committed to a lifetime of exercise/fitness and in Barre there is always a new plateau to conquer!
11) Is there anything you would like to share?
We're all in this together, and you can do it!! You are welcome here and you are wanted here!